Take a looksee and vote on your thoughts after if you fancy :
(By Christopher Blomquist Issue: July/August 2013)
TEN FASHION “CONTRIBUTIONS” THAT THE U.S. APOLOGIZES FOR…
- Creating the leisure suit
- Brainwashing the world into thinking that “JUICY” written across the buttocks of your velveteen sweatpants was actually sexy.
- Giving you Paris and Kim, etc. and still referring to them as “fashion icons.” (cough, cough!)
- Rapidly spreading STDBS- socially transmitted diseased brands- worldwide. (Not to name names but I’m thinking naked college torsos and tattoo-inspiration…You know who you are!)
- Any promotional, pointless PR e-mail you’ve received from Los Angeles with the following subject header: “[insert name of Z-list celebrity with no fashion sense] wears [insert name of tacky fashion brand sender’s PR firm represents] to [insert name of bad movie premiere/minor charity event]!!!”
- Not even ever attempting to learn at least a word or two of your native language while on a business trip to your country.
- Our “friendly” greeters (and line length) at airport Immigration when you come to visit us.
- Holding a major fashion trade-show gathering at the height of summer in the middle of the freakin’ desert. (And, no, it’s not a “dry heat” in Las Vegas in August…it’s Hades on earth!).
- Starting the next “Top Model” and “Next Top Designer” TV trend (which should be renamed “Next Top Soon to Be ‘Totally Forgotten About/Utterly Inconsequential…”
- That we have poached so much of YOUR talent. Thanks, world, for giving us Diane, Carolina, Oscar, Tim Coppens, Robert Geller, etx. etc…(And, yes, this one is an insincere apology at best!)